Flossmoor School District 161 offers a continuum of special education services to children with disabilities. The Special Education Department coordinates a variety of services so students can reach their maximum potential and achieve success. The Special Education Department supports students through a variety of services including: Response to Intervention (RtI), Positive Behavior Interventions Supports (PBIS), hospital/homebound, psychological, counseling, social work, nursing, speech and language therapy, vision and hearing itinerant services and transportation.
Please visit the links listed for additional information.
Robin Latman, Director of Special Education
PreSchool Screenings for 2016-2017
September 21, 2016
October 19, 2016
January 20, 2017
February 15, 2017
April 19, 2017
May 17, 2017
Flossmoor School District 161 provides regularly scheduled screenings for district residents whose children are three to five years of age. The screening assesses the following skill areas: speech and language, gross/fine motor, self-help, vision/hearing, and cognition. All screenings are done by appointment on the provided screening dates. If you would like to reserve a spot on our screening list please call the office of Student Support Services at 708-647-7026.Special Education
Children who are 8 years of age and older and receive services through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) are eligible to participate in the Special Olympics. Flossmoor School District has been participating in Special Olympic events through our Area 7 Special Olympics office. For the past several years we have competed in the individual basketball skills and the spring track & field events. If you would like more information on how to participate please contact the office of Student Support Services at 708-647-7026.Special Education
- Cuando Tenga 3 Anos, Donde estare? - Spanish Version
- Dynamic Learning Maps -DLM (previously the IAA)
- IDEAs That Work: Preparing Children & Youth with Disabilities for Success - This website will connect teachers and families with resources to assist them in improving instruction and supporting academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students with disabilities as they become college and career ready.
- Illinois Student Record Keeper for Special Education
- ISBE - Special Education Services
- Procedural Safeguards - English
- Procedural Safeguards - Spanish
- Special Education Parental Guide - The Parental Guide is available in both English and Spanish.
- SPEED S.E.J.A. #802 Family Enrichment Program
- When I'm 3, Where will I Be? - English Version