Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR)
Students in grades 3-5 throughout the state of Illinois will participate in the Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) in April. The IAR replaces the previous PARCC assessment. The District 161 assessment window is March 31-April 24, 2020. Students with accommodations may begin testing as early as March 11, 2020. Schools will post their individual testing schedules.
Students in grades 5 and 8 will also take the Illinois Science Assessment (ISA). The District 161 assessment window for ISA is April 20-30, 2020. This year, the ISA will consist of three sessions focused on Science and Engineering Practices
Please review the additional resources and information on the IAR (formerly PARCC) below:
- Please review these additional resources on ways to help students prepare:
- Please make sure students arrive to school on-time each day.
- Please make sure students are getting a good night’s sleep, have eaten breakfast, and bring their glasses with them to school.
- Please encourage students to try their best. The assessments are just a summary of what they have been working hard to practice all year.
- Please bring fully-charged Chromebooks to school each day.