Free COVD-19 Drive-Thru Testing
Location: 3824 W. 159th St. Markham
7 days a week from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Criteria for testing: Must have symptoms (shortness of breath, fever, cough, tiredness)
This is a very challenging time for our community and District 161, and this is a hurdle that we have not previously faced as an organization. It is imperative that we all do our part to keep our children and community safe during this time. Kindness, compassion and patience are needed as we support each other through this time of uncertainty. As a district, we will share as much information with you as possible, so that you can make the best decisions for yourselves and your families.
Please check back frequently as we continue to update information during this rapidly changing times.
The best strategies to remain safe during this time are common sense hygiene practices. To minimize the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the IDPH:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then promptly discard the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If a tissue is unavailable, cough, or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and hard surfaces.
If you personally feel ill or think that you have been exposed to COVID-19, please follow the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
If you have any questions or recommendations, please contact your building principal as needed. I am truly thankful for your partnership and support.
Dr. Dana Smith, Superintendent